The Hands and Feet Project offers volunteer positions at the Children's Villages throughout Haiti. Volunteers get the chance to learn mission work firsthand by working alongside each site's directors. Volunteers will be working in an assortment of jobs to help sustain the mission to provide family-style, residential care and sustainable solutions that fight against Haiti’s orphan crisis. Volunteers usually spend three months in Haiti. The US office will work with our local site directors in Haiti to match up potential volunteers with needs in the field.
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE
1. ADMINISTRATIVE & FINANCE
Assist in daily cash distribution, record keeping, cash logs, receipts, and Quickbook entering. Aid in special administrative tasks and reporting. Responsible for administrative offices/storage organization. Position for Grand Goave and Jacmel.
2. EDUCATION FACILITATOR
Coordinate and teach daily lessons to missionary kids on campus following predetermined curriculum for approximately 3-4 hours each morning. Position for Grand Goave only.
3. TEAM HOSTING
Aid in team hosting responsibilities including but not limited to: group house cleanliness, team laundry, team food and drink supplies, participate in team meetings representing the mission, participate in team meals, activities and assist in leading team outings. Position for Grand Goave only. Summers Only.
4. FAMILY ROOM HOSTING
Aid in the facilitation of sponsorship updates. Help prepare photos and stories to update child sponsors. Position for Grand Goave and Jacmel. Summers Only.
5. TEAM LOGISTICS
Coordinate daily team schedule, facilitate transportation for team outings, participate in team outings to the local markets, beaches, area missions. Coordinate airport travel logistics. Participate in team hosting and team meals representing the mission. Position for Grand Goave Only. Summer Only.
6. TEAM PROJECTS
Coordinate team daily and weekly projects; ensure quality and timeliness of projects; engage team members in skill appropriate tasks; purchase materials in advance for team projects; train, empower, equip team members for projects; complete tasks with the team members; facilitate return of extra materials and tools to designated storage areas. Position for Grand Goave only. Summer Only.
7. VOCATIONAL TRAINING: AGRICULTURAL AND AQUAPONICS
Aid in the completion of the vocational agriculture and aquaponics programs. Daily tasks would oversee the construction and layout of the vocational/ag program; Information gathering such as market pricing, livestock sales and purchases, and market demands in the area. This information will be used to define the direction of the vocational/ag program. Prepare for future volunteers in this program by documenting information. Position for Jacmel only.
8. VOCATIONAL TRAiNING: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
Oversee the computer center including but not limited to: researching software for usage, purchase and load approved software, prepare schedule by age groups (children/staff) for computer center usage, teach basic computer courses, responsible for technology advancement and education. Complete networking needs as required. Aid in other technology and a/v needs. Position for Jacmel only.
- Must agree with the mission, vision and values of the organization found here.
- Must be 20 years or older.
- Must be a mature and responsible.
- Must have a valid passport before travel.
- Previous travel to Hands and Feet Project Children's Village and/or Haiti preferred.
- Must be approved by HAFP corporate office and the Children's Village Director.
- $650 a month to cover living and ministry expenses will be paid by the volunteer.
- Airfare to Haiti (estimate of $600 -$900) will be paid by the volunteer.
- Transportation to and from HAFP site and Port au Prince Airport (Maximum of $200 each way), will be paid by volunteer unless travel can be coordinated with incoming groups.
- Optional - Haiti cell phone (around $35 and purchase of minutes, anywhere from $10 to $30 month) will be paid by the volunteer.
- Optional - cash for any other personal expenses will be paid by the volunteer.
- Fill out Volunteer Application Form.
- Site directors will choose potential applicants based on need.
- Email and/or phone interview with HAFP staff.
- Background check and additional paperwork will need completed upon acceptance.
Check Out Our Latest Videos here