Jacmel, a beautiful coastal town, is one of the most popular tourist areas in all of Haiti. The town was founded in 1698 as the capital of the south eastern part of the French colony Saint-Domingue. The town has not changed much since the late 19th century when it was inhabited by wealthy coffee merchants, who lived in gracious mansions that adorned it.
Our first Children's Village was established 10 miles east of Jacmel in the coastal village of Cyvadier. After the ground breaking in 2004, Drex and Jo Stuart continued to construct the Children's Village and soon after began accepting orphaned children into the Hands and Feet Project family.
Currently, The Village is still growing and soon will reach it's capacity. Our Haitian and American staff strive to provide a healthy, loving, family-style environment for children in crisis on the southern coast of Haiti.