Q: CAN I TAKE A TRIP ON MY OWN WITHOUT A GROUP?
A: At this time we only allow groups of 6-12 to visit the Hands and Feet Project. If you do not have a group, you can approach your church, school, or other group to try to put one together. Trip leaders must have international missions/service trip experience.
- Take a Trip
- We do have internships available during various times of the year.
- If you are interested in being a trip leader please contact email@example.com
Q: CAN MARK OR WILL FROM AUDIO ADRENALINE COME SPEAK AT OUR CHURCH?
A: Yes, based on availability. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any requests.
Q: WHAT IS THE POLITICAL SITUATION IN HAITI?
A: In the past Haiti was been unstable politically. The US Department of State does list Haiti as a dangerous country to travel to. However, the majority of the unrest and danger is in specific pockets around Port Au Prince.
Current political information about Haiti is published by the U.S. Department of State in their consular information sheets.
See http://travel.state.gov/ for more information.
Q: CAN I SPONSOR A SPECIFIC CHILD?
A: Yes, explore sponsorship in The Family Room.
Q: WHAT LANGUAGE DO THEY SPEAK IN HAITI?
A: Haitian Creole. Here’s an example: Matye 18:5 Nenpòt moun ki resevwa yon timoun tankou timoun sa a, se mwen menm li resevwa. Translation: Matthew 18:5 “And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.”
Q: DO I NEED IMMUNIZATIONS TO TRAVEL TO HAITI?
A: Currently no, but this can change. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is recognized as the leading federal agency for protecting the health and safety of people at home and abroad. Their website (www.cdc.gov) posts all recommended and required immunizations for travelers to Haiti, if there are any. Specific Haiti info can be found here: http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/destinationHaiti.aspx#vaccines
Q: HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
A: First, we would like you to pray for wisdom, guidance and protection for the Hands and Feet Project.
Second, you can donate through various ways:
- Sponsoring a child at the Hands and Feet Project.
- Donating to the general fund of the Hands and Feet Project.
- Create your own fundraiser such as a walkathon, car wash, etc through FirstGiving
- Present Hands and Feet Project to your church, school or other group to get them involved.
- Ask your workplace if they do matching funds to double your gift
- Donating tools and other materials we need. Email us at email@example.com.
- Helping with our capital campaign to build new projects.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on any of these.
And finally, we would love for you join us onsite to experience the true joy of becoming the hands and feet of Christ. Visit our Take a Trip section for more info.
Q: CAN I ADOPT FROM THE HANDS AND FEET PROJECT?
A: Currently, our children are unavailable for adoption. For those who feel called to adopt we will help guide you to the proper organizations that can help.
Q: IS MY DONATION TAX-DEDUCTIBLE?
A: Yes, we are an IRS recognized 501©3 organization.
Q: IS IT POSSIBLE TO CONTACT SOMEONE DIRECTLY?
A: Yes. If the website has not quenched your curiosity and you have a question you would like for us to address, please email us at email@example.com. You can also reach our office by phone at (877 870 6175).
Checks and donations should be sent to:
Hands and Feet Project
PO Box 682105
Franklin, TN 37068